Conditions of Membership
Rotary International is a Service Organization, not a social club. Our members are expected to participate in our Fund raisers and Service Projects.
The motto of Rotary is “Service Above Self”
Membership Requirements, Rotary Club of Placencia
1) Sponsored by a member in good standing.
2) Gainfully employed, working on Work Permit, or Retired withno drain on local economy
3) Must attend 3 meetings AND work on at least one Rotary event. If Rotary does not have any events at the time, must donate at least part of a day to some other Community Service
4) Be interviewed by members of the Board
If a prospective member meets the criteria, the Board of Directors then votes on whether or not to accept this person as a member. If the Board votes yes, then a vote goes out to the rest of the club.
1) Dues are $50 per month, payable NO LATER than the first of every month. Failure to pay dues on time can result in membership termination
2) Must pay all dues in advance of leaving the country for the entire time of the absence.
3) Members must have an attendance record of at least 50%. In addition, members must attend at least 30% of meetings in each half year at their home club. Failure to do this can result inmembership termination (this is Rotary International requirement and part of our bylaws)
For more information on Rotary International, please visit the Rotary WEB site at rotary.org